How to enroll in Medicare Part B when losing your job

Medigap Life

Have you been laid off and need Medicare Part B? Read below on how to get it.

Were you Medicare eligible but receiving company benefits before you were laid off?

  • Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 and advise them that you have left your employment and need to enroll in Medicare Part B.
  • You will have a special enrollment period that will last an 8-month period without receiving a Part B penalty.
  • There are 2 forms that Social Security will send you. You are applying for Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
    • Form #QMB No0938-0787 known as Request for Employment Information: for proof of group health care coverage based on current employment. This information is needed to process your Medicare enrollment application. If you have had 2 or more jobs since turning 65, then all companies have to sign this form.
    • Form HCFA-40B known as Application for Enrollment in Medicare: this is your application for medical insurance from Medicare known as Part B. Social Security fills out this form. or Call Us at (855) 289-2001. We Can Help. Find Out if You Qualify.

#medigaplife #medicare #medicareadvantage #annualenrollment #seniors #healthinsurance #partd #vision #dental #hearing #transportation #silversneakers #savings #agents #help #gym #gymmembership #insulin